My photo
I'm not here to inspire doubt, only to provoke thought.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Overtime

When I started the new job he was nice enough. At first I did not notice him. The stress of a new job and trying to absorb new information is distracting of course from the attention of a new suitor. Winter was the name of the girl who was deemed my "trainer". I do not think it is possible to find a girl who hates her job quite as much a poor Winter. Every word that came out of her mouth sounded as if it took every ounce of energy she had in her body to push it through her lips. She had a soft voice and warm brown eyes, but substantially lacking in any personality. Making my training a very uneventful and wearing process. I have learned when people find themselves in these situations, they look for some source of entertainment.

His name was Matthew. His baby face was very inviting. The visits started very casually. A hello here, a few minute conversation over there. Nothing to serious. Before I knew what had happened, I knew his childhood stories and had small inside jokes going about. If a sick day was necessary it did not come without regret and a explication the next work day together. Zodiac signs and favorite colors become known. A friendship developed. Boys and girls only play nice for as long as humanly possible. Matthew would let his interests be known.

Matthew has a wife and small son.

The story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment