My photo
I'm not here to inspire doubt, only to provoke thought.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

To Kill A Spider.

Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practice to deceive!
Sir Walter Scott
So true good sir, oh so true. My mind runs rampant tonight. It must be the rain. Or the wine. I am not sure. We are deceivers by nature I believe. Telling lies as though it was the new language of a new era. Why? We comfort ourselves by telling ourselves that it is to protect others feelings. Ha! We even lie to ourselves. But it is it for selfish reasons we bend the truth. Weaving it around until it is so tightly spun we can't tell where it started. Maybe this is the sociopath in me that sees the beauty in what it is we are trying to accomplish. each silk strand is placed in  particular place to make the line connecting dots A and B. We truly do through our own deception try and make other happy. We are a cowardly generation full of "yes-men". I have not met anyone recently who can tell me no, or at least no with some conviction. It is crime to be selfish, so instead of excepting this, we twist our needs and others into something entirely different until we ourselves come out on top. It's how celebrities come back from scandalous sex tapes and the Mafia still lives and breaths. its how something small turns into something uncontrollable. And we wonder why we are scared of spiders.


1 comment:

  1. I'm a "friend" of your roomie's. I use the term "friend" loosely because sometimes I truly hate him with all of my being. Anywho, he turned me on to your blog and I'm so glad he did. Good, good stuff. Keep it comin'.

    ReplyDelete